Brief: Reinforcing the Brand – Packaging
February 3, 2014 § Leave a comment
Example – Smirnoff Vodka, are developing a daring strategy to enter the perfume/aftershave market to launch a middle price range product. Their thinking is to capture the attention of their loyal vodka customers with this brand innovation.
One of the mandatory requirements for the project is to successfully reflect the core brand values of Smirnoff Vodka including its voice or narrative expression.
It is for you to explore/exploit by sound research a connection from the loyal customer base to this new brand expression. A product name will have to be developed that embodies core product values but also amplifies this targets lifestyle and aspirational values.
Perfume/Aftershave is a sensory product that encapsulates positive self image perceptions around a chosen lifestyle. Packaging should therefore have a strong tactile element embedded with the design. Major considerations should be give to a variety of card/papers/substrates that can support brand/product enhancement.
- Research and identify typical consumer profile
- Research and identify core brand values of (eg. Smirnoff Vodka) that will transfer across to new perfume/aftershave
- Develop distinct narrative and brand value for perfume/aftershave
- Develop brand name for perfume/aftershave
- Moodboard A3 identifying colour/textures/process/mood/narrative etc (see WGSN for visual examples)
- Three to four development sheets of visual ideas/concepts with a specific focus on typography and layout, packaging ideas etc
- Finalise perfume/aftershave packaging concepts with staff
- Using a variety of materials to print out and construct perfume/aftershave packaging
- Arrange and take appropriate level of quality photographs of packaging
Formative assessment week commencing 3rd March. Submit via blog documentation of precess and design outcomes