October 14, 2013 § Leave a comment
At the end of the colour session, we looked at Leigh Cooke’s way of demonstrating colour in images using colour strips, as you can see below.
Our task was to create our very own physical colour strip:
Take one of the colour images supplied
* Trim excess paper from image
* Mount onto A4 card supplied
* Looking carefully at the colours and matching them up to the colours on the colour
paint charts, make a representative colour stripe of the overall image by cutting and
assembling a stripe from the paint chips
* Look at the overall colour mood – which colours are most dominant
* How do the colours relate to each other, what stands out on the image?
* You must create the mood of the image in a stripe
* Take care to be neat and tidy
* Use a scalpel and metal ruler to trim off
[INSERT SCANNED PHYSICAL COLOUR STRIP HERE]
We were told to create a digital one also. This video shows how to develop your own virtual colour strip. I didn’t however contrast the colour strip, instead I blended it: